Sunday, May 5, 2013
The commentators list the ten miracles as follows:
1. The Sea split.
2. Tunnels were formed in the Sea.
3. The seabed was dry allowing the Jews to pass through comfortably and unimpeded.
4. The seabed turned into a muddy morass, stopping the Egyptians in their pursuit.
5. The waters solidified into a rock like substance that caused injury to the Egyptians.
6. The seawaters formed into perfectly shaped bricks.
7. The walls formed by the waters created twelve separate corridors,
thus allowing each of the twelve tribes an independent passage.
8. The walls were transparent, allowing each tribe to see the others passing through the Sea.
9. The sweet water in the Sea remained in liquid form to quench the Jews thirst.
10.The remaining sweet water froze in place, ready for when the Jews would need to drink again.
-Pirkei Avot 5/5